2020/03/25

DRB III and Micropod II can Program TPMS: Confirmed

I purchased this Micropod II emulator (about $135). V17.04.27 wiTech MicroPod 2 for Chrysler Diagnosis & Programming Tool Multi-language
I have used it to perform a relearn sequence for the TPMS sensors, after they were replaced. It worked well for this.
But it required I also purchase a laptop with windows xp or 7 operating system ($100 on ebay). The software is also challenging to install, and make work properly.

I had previously taken my vehicle to our local Chrysler dealer to get the TPMS reset. They apparently couldn't perform the work, but still charged me $75 for trying. They instead said I needed a $300 (plus installation) module replaced. And that it "may or may not" fix the problem. It felt good to be able to do this work myself, and not have to rely on the BS I got from the dealer. I look forward to running further diagnostics on my vehicle.

the DRB lll emulator required to program the tpms.

And a whole sequence of software patches need to take place in a precise order to make the DRB III emulator work with the Micropod II. Networking must also be disabled. Once these software patches are installed, the unit seems to work well as a DRB III emulator. I was able to find the software and instructions online at no additional cost. I can say that the DRB III emulator is easy to use and worked great to perform a relearn sequence of the TPMS for my 2005 SRT6. I also used an Autel TS601 to make each wheel sensor "chirp" in the sequence requested by the DRB III.


No comments:

Post a Comment